Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Pieces for a Sewing Basket


I have completed the stitching for Patriotic Shaker Box by The Scarlett House

Included in the pic above are the fabrics I found at The Sewing Studio.  I love the striped fabric and how it coordinates with the stripes in the flags and the flag-roof of the houses.  And, I love the birds, berries and leaves in the other print and how they work with the same elements of the stitched patterns.

A couple of years ago, I snagged a Sudberry Shaker Sisters Sewing Box at Pocket Full of Stitches during a sale.  This is the box:


The flowers and flags will go on top.  I chose my count of linen (28 count) so it would better fit the top of my box.

The houses will be a pincushion to tuck inside the box and the 1776 star will be a scissors fob.  Some red scissors might be just the thing.

I'm also thinking of making a fabric covered, padded bottom to fit inside and a fabric lining for the inside with pockets for small items.

I don't know exactly when I'll get to this finishing work, but I'll post pictures here when complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment