Thursday, May 3, 2018

Beginning Again

I've been thinking about creating a blog for a while now.  Blogger says I've been here since 2012.  I never posted anything with that one - it didn't even have a name.  So, last year I deleted it.  After coming up with what I think is a good name for my blog, I am beginning again.

"Counting on Needlework" has more than one meaning for me.  Foremost, it pertains to my primary hobby of counted thread embroidery.  Often, when you tell the common person that you do counted thread embroidery, they look a little puzzled.  This area of embroidery includes counted cross stitch, blackwork, Assisi, pulled thread, drawn thread and maybe others.  


My secondary fiber hobby is knitting and any knitter knows there is a fair amount of counting and math to this hobby.  


Another aspect of the title is the pleasure I derive from my hobbies.  I really do count on them:  for stress relief from my day job as a legal assistant, for that sense of accomplishment when I complete a project, for the joy I experience when I give a handmade item to another, for the simple pleasure of creating.


I want to use this blog to share my hobbies with you and to further an interest in them with others.  


Here is a current work in progress:  Fleur-de-Lis by Lorene Salt.  This was a project through CyberStitchers Chapter of the Embroiderer's Guild of America.  


I have much more work to do!




3 comments:

  1. A great start to your blog, Bonnie. I've tried twice and just can't manage to stick with it. I look forward to reading yours. Great stitching, too! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and I find it interesting to see how much I have stitched over a period of time through the blog! Love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the clever blog name! I look forward to reading about all your stitch endeavors.

    ReplyDelete