Thursday, September 13, 2018

Hitchhiker Scarf

As I mentioned in my initial post, I also knit.  Let me present my Hitchhiker scarf.



Pattern:  Hitchhiker by Martina Behm (purchased through Ravelry)
Yarn:  A Tree Hugger's Wife Yarns Mega Sock in the Drive In colorway (purchased at Seaside Yarns in Juneau, Alaska in 2014 when on a cruise)

While I cannot be called a fan of Douglas Adams's book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I am a fan of long tapering scarves and this one is just that.  I like the way they swirl around the neck and shoulders.  My scarf has the obligatory 42 points on it.  Fans will know that this number figures big in the book ("...the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything").

I'm looking forward to wearing this one when our weather cools off a bit.

1 comment: