Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Finding Needlework in Unexpected Places

Rudy and I recently went on a vacation.  We visited the southwestern area of South Dakota - The Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, Prairie Homestead, Badlands National Park and downtown Rapid City.  It was a great trip.  The area has had a lot of rain this summer.

While at one of the souvenir shops at the Crazy Horse Memorial, I noticed a couple of cross stitch kits for sale and decided to purchase one.  The next day we stopped at Prairie Homestead on our way to the Badlands and found a cross stitch kit in their souvenir shop with a stitched example.  This kit also came home with me.

The kits purchased on our vacation are by The Posy Collection.  I have a third one from The Posy Collection in my stash as well.  Rudy purchased it for me when he was visiting the Guadalupe Peak area on a field trip with some grad students.

This is from the web site for The Posy Collection:

Texas resident Posy Lough has been translating America and American history into counted cross stitch kits for more than three decades. Her projects have taken her across the country — from New England to the Deep South and into the Great Midwest, Southwest and Far West. Her kits depict the homes of our presidents, our historic sites, our gardens and farms, and our natural wonders. Each project has an underlying theme relating to our American heritage.

I just love these small kits.  They include the pattern, fabric, embroidery floss and a needle.  I think it's a great way to memorialize your travels.  I encourage you to look for them when visiting historic sites across America.


No comments:

Post a Comment